Sutton Hoo Chicken Burger: "The Big gNash!"
You will need
For the burger
- 1lb or 450g minced Sutton hoo chicken
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 spring onion - finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon plus the zest
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley - finely chopped
- 1 slice of bread - blitzed for breadcrumbs (leave this out to make the burgers gluten free)
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 burger baps
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 tablespoons coleslaw
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 lettuce leaves or mixed salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Why not try adding smokey bacon and fresh avocado?
- Put all the burger ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Take care not to over-knead. Form 4 patties.
- Prepare the baps. Slice both in half and put a teaspoon of mayonnaise on each bottom bap followed by the lettuce.
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium heat. Pour in the oil. As it begins to sizzle, place the chicken patties into the pan. Cook for approx 3 mins on one side, flip over and cook for a further 3 mins. Check the patties are cooked through with no pink meat left in the middle.
- Place a pattie onto the bottom bap followed by a tablespoon of coleslaw. Place another pattie on top of this followed by a slice or 2 of tomato. Finish by quickly warming the remaining half of the baps and placing on top. Get gnashing!