Sticky pomegranate chicken and honey roasted butternut squash
This sticky pomegranate chicken recipe is a tasty dish that is easy to prepare and one we think you'll truly love! The Asian inspired recipe is made with really simple ingredients and is great accompanied with rice, vegetables or noodles. This is something I like to make during the week, usually the night before so that I can come home after a long day and can just place it in the oven. It is also a popular dish for dinner parties with friends and a meal that I have always received compliments on.
- 5 heaped tablespoons of Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless Sutton Hoo Chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 butternut squash seeded and sliced into halves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt and pepper
- arils (seeds) from 1 pomegrante (fuss-free pots available in supermarket stores)
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C for 10 minutes, then adjust to 200 degrees.
- To make the pomegranate sticky glaze combine the sweet chilli sauce, pomegranate juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Place the chicken and squash on a baking sheet with the chicken at one end and the butternut squash at another. Cover the chicken with the sticky sauce, but make sure to leave a small amount for serving.
- Next gently toss the squash with olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the chicken and squash in the oven and cook for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the squash is soft and tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the pomegranate arils over the chicken. Serve the chicken and squash over a bowl of rice drizzled with the remaining reserved sticky sauce. Garnish with extra pomegranate arils.
Don't forget to share a photo of your recipe via our Instagram page @suttonhoochicken and use the hastag #slowgrownchicken. For more delicious chicken recipes click here.