Homemade Chicken Kachin Curry
A tasty chicken curry is the perfect food for getting your friends round for a bite to eat on a Friday or Saturday night. Our take on the Kachin Chicken Curry is a recipe of fresh Sutton Hoo Chicken thighs, ginger, chilli’s, limes and mixed spices. This recipe serves 4 but can easily be doubled up to serve a group of 8 friends or a large family.
1 1/2 lb skinless chicken thighs
Spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp Ginger
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 ½ limes
Tin of coconut milk
1 tbsp curry paste
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan on a low to medium heat and place the chopped spring onions in.
- Wait for the onions to slightly golden before adding in the garlic and diced Sutton Hoo Chicken thighs. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add in the curry paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the fresh coriander leaves, ginger, crushed garlic, turmeric, and red chillies in and stir gently on a medium heat. Cook the ingredients on a moderate heat for 45 minutes.
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice and a leafy salad to mop up the sauce.