Sutton Hoo Chicken sausage and pepper stir fry
This comforting and colourful supper time treat is very quick and easy to cook in the wok and is great served with mash or jacket spuds. If your children don’t like olives, simply leave them out, or just mix them into the adult servings at the end of the cooking time.
8 Sutton Hoo Chicken Sausages
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, ﬁnely sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 x 455g jar tomato pasta sauce
25g stoned black olives (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
Shredded fresh basil to garnish
- Cut each sausage into two or three, then heat half the olive oil in a wok and, over a high heat, add the sausages.
- Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until brown all over, then remove from the wok with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the oil to the wok and cook the onion and peppers until softened and browned.
- Add the pasta sauce and olives (if using) and bring to the boil.
- Return the sausages to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with black pepper and garnish with the shredded basil before serving with mashed potatoes.