Sutton Hoo Chicken Burger "The Big gNash!"
You will need
For the burger
- 1lb or 450g minced Sutton hoo chicken
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 spring onion - finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon plus the zest
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley - finely chopped
- 1 slice of bread - blitzed for breadcrumbs ( leave this out if you require gluten free)
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 burger baps
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 tablespoons coleslaw
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 lettuce leaves or mixed salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Why not try adding smokey bacon and fresh avocado?
- Put all the burger ingredients into a bowl and mix . You want to mix well but take care not to over knead . Form into 4 patties .
- Prepare the baps . Slice both in half and put a teaspoon of mayonnaise on each bottom bap followed by the lettuce.
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium heat. Pour in the oil and as it begins to sizzle place the chicken patties into the pan. Cook for approx 3 mins on one side, flip over and cook for a further 3 mins. There should be no trace of pink but if you are unsure cook for another minute .
- Place a pattie onto the bottom bap followed by a tablespoon of coleslaw . Place another pattie on top of this followed by a slice or 2 of tomato. Finish by quickly warming the remaining half of the baps and placing on top. Get gnashing !